AC Direct Return and Warranty Policy
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you are not completely satisfied, you can return the product to us and we will either repair / replace it, or credit your account, subject to the below terms. This Policy applies to products bought from ACDirect itself.
This Policy forms part of the ACDirect Terms and Conditions, and so words defined in the Terms and Conditions have the same meaning in this Policy, unless the context indicates otherwise. Nothing in this Policy is intended to limit your statutory rights in any way.
All refunds are processed for payment within 14-21 working days after request. Refund lead times subject to stock return confirmation. Normal banking transfer lead times apply.
Want to exchange?
We allow you to exchange a product, at no charge, provided:
- it is undamaged, unused and unopened , with the original labels, stickers and seal’s still attached;
- it is not missing any accessories or parts;
- you log a return on the Website within 7 days of delivery to you or collection by you of the unwanted product.
- any exchange that exceed the 7 day period or which the packaging/seal of the item has been opened, will incur a 10% handling charge, R350 administrative fee and the cost equal to the courier.
- AC Direct reserves the right to accept exchange of goods.
In such a case, we will collect the product from you and deliver the requested product to you. If such variation is not available, we will credit your account with the purchase price of the product less costs within 14 – 21 days of the return. The same policy applies to items that have been exchanged for a special price/deal. We are entitled to inspect the product to validate your return.
Want to return?
You can return an unwanted product to us, provided:
- It is undamaged, unused and unopened, with the original labels, stickers and seal’s still attached;
- It is not missing any accessories or parts;
- You log a return on the Website within 7 days of delivery to you or collection by you of the unwanted product.
- All returns will incur a R350 administrative fee and the cost equal to the courier.
- Any returns that exceed the 7 day period or which the packaging of the item has been opened, will incur:
- a 10% handling charge
- R350 administration fee
- and the cost equal to the courier costs.
- if the item is returned to AC Direct by the customer, the courier cost will be wavered.
- Standard Call Out Rates will be charged for all cancellations of Installations if a technician was on site.
- De-Installation of Air Conditioners/Swimming Pool Heat Pumps will be the responsibility of the customer. Alternatively, AC Direct’s standard de-installation rates will apply.
- AC Direct reserves the right to accept return of goods that exceed a 14 day time frame from delivery to return request or items that have damaged or opened packaging.
- All Spares including PC Boards will not be accepted for return or exchange.
Please note that we only refund to the payment method that you originally used – i.e. payment by credit card will be refunded to the same credit card, payment by EFT will be refunded to your nominated bank account.
Preparing your products for a return
To ensure your request is approved & processed as quickly as possible you are responsible for the following when returning your products;
- de-install and package your products safely and securely for protection during transit;
- clearly mark your return reference number on the outside of the parcel; and
- include all accessories and parts that were sold with the product
Failure to adhere to any of these requirements could delay the processing of your request or result in its decline altogether.
If you return a defective product to us, but you fail to return all of the accessories and parts that were sold with that product, we are entitled to (subject to applicable law) to refuse the return, only to replace the item that you did return, or to estimate the value of the missing accessories and parts and only to credit or refund you in respect of the returned item. If you return a product that does not comply with this Policy, you may be liable to reimburse ACDirect for the cost of collecting the product from you and the cost of having the product returned to you.
Changed your mind?
Where you have changed your mind and would like a credit for a product, you can return it – provided the product is not opened and the packaging is still in its original condition.
We will collect the product from you at a charge equal to the courier cost and a R350.00 administration fee. Once we have inspected the product and validated your return, we will credit your account with the purchase price of the product less costs (10% handling fee, R350 administration fee and courier cost) within 10 days of the return.
We will arrange to collect the product from you at no charge. Once we have inspected the product and validated your return, we will at your choice repair / replace the product as soon as possible (if such repair is possible/ we have the same product in stock to use as a replacement) or credit your account with the purchase price of the product (or refund you if that is your preference).
What is a defect? A defect is a material imperfection in the manufacture of a product or any characteristic of a product, which makes the product less acceptable than one would reasonably be entitled to expect in the circumstances.
The following will NOT be regarded as defects and will not entitle you to a return under this section 3:
faults resulting from normal wear and tear;
- damage due to poor or unqualified installation;
- damage arising from negligence, user abuse or incorrect usage of the product;
- damage arising from electrical surges or sea air corrosion;
- damage arising from a failure to adequately care or maintain the product;
- damage arising from unauthorised alterations to the product;
- where the specifications of a product, although accurately described
on the Website and generally fit for its intended purpose, do not suit you; and
- signs of handling and/or repackaging.
If you have received a product which turns out to be defective or otherwise of poor quality, please notify us as soon as reasonably possible after you become aware of the defect or poor quality, but in any event within 12 months after delivery / collection of the product (except in the case of an extended warranty, which is set out below).
You can do so by logging a warranty on the Website, and we will arrange to check the installed product. Once we have inspected the product and validated your warranty, we will repair the product. If parts are not available or the product can not be repaired, we will replace the product.
AC Direct reserves the right to reject a warranty claim if the installation was not executed by an approved AC Direct installer.
All Labour rates for warranty claims not executed by an approved AC Direct installer will be for the customer’s account.
A product may have a warranty that extends beyond the 12 month Standard Warranty if the product is serviced by ACDirect on a yearly basis up to a maximum of 60 months. If such a product turns out to be defective more than 12 months after delivery / collection, please notify us as soon as reasonably possible after you become aware of the defect, but in any event within the extended warranty period after delivery / collection of the product.
You can do so by logging a warranty on the Website, and we will facilitate your warranty of the product. Please note that any extended warranty is subject to whatever terms and conditions the supplier or manufacturer may impose. These are usually stated in a brochure or leaflet inside or on the product packaging or at time of purchase. It is your responsibility to make yourself aware of any such terms and conditions.
It is also important to note that it will be in the supplier or manufacturer’s discretion what remedy it can offer you.
AC Direct sells quality products!
We sell only the best product with a standard 12 months warranty. Enquire about our extended warranties!